2014-2015 Graduate Bulletin

Financial Aid

Financial Aid Office

John Jay College of Criminal Justice

North Hall, Room 1280

524 West 59th Street

New York, New York 10019


Email: financialaid@jjay.cuny.edu

Financial Aid Counselors are available at the Jay Express Services Center (during fall and spring semesters, when classes are in session):

Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 5:45 PM

The Financial Aid Office is closed on Fridays.

Jay Express Services




Twitter: @jayexpress

Facebook: Jay Express

Jay Express Services is a multi-service center where students can obtain admissions, bursar, registrar, financial aid and testing information in one convenient and central location.

Hours: Fall and spring semesters when classes are in session

Mondays – Thursdays 10:00 AM – 5:45 PM

Friday: Financial Aid counselors are available at Jay Express between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:45 PM.

Check the academic calendar at www.jjay.cuny.edu for dates when classes are not in session.

Application Procedures

The City University of New York uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The CUNY John Jay Federal ID number (002693) is needed to complete the application and ensure that all information is sent to John Jay electronically.

Applications for financial aid must be filed each year. Students will receive a reply when their application is processed. If there is a problem with inconsistent or insufficient data, Social Security number, citizenship, Immigration and Naturalization status, or Selected Service status, the student will be notified by a separate letter and must come to the Jay Express to make any adjustments. If a student is selected for a process called verification, a letter will also be sent and proof of income must be furnished and a verification sheet must be completed. In most instances, a signed copy of the student’s previous year’s Federal Income Tax Return Transcript (obtained from the IRS) is sufficient to complete the verification process.

Students interested in applying for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan or Graduate PLUS Loan must complete an application each year. First-time borrowers must also complete Direct Loan entrance counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov. It is necessary to have a federal PIN number to complete both. If you do not remember your PIN you may request it from www.pin.ed.gov